Become a Member
Join the Members of the Nieuwe Instituut and enjoy free entry to exhibitions and special members-only events. Discover fresh ways of looking at the world, make new creative connections and explore different viewpoints in design, architecture and digital culture.
As a Member of the Nieuwe Instituut you enjoy:
- Free entrance to Nieuwe Instituut and Sonneveld House.
- Invitations to exhibition openings and exclusive events.
- Members-only trips (at extra cost) – for instance to the Architecture Biënnale in Venice.
- Regular Studio Visits to leading practitioners in architecture, design and digital culture. Plus, behind-the-scenes talks, workshops and inspiration sessions.
- Discounts on paid events such as guest programmes.
- A 5-10% discount at NAi Booksellers store in the foyer.
- A 25% discount on coffee and tea at Het Nieuwe Café.
- And of course, by becoming a Member, you support our work in making design, architecture and digital culture accessible to all. Thank you!
- 25 March: Opening Workwear with front row seats at the Fashion Show
- 14 April: Member X NI Speeddates
- 30 April: Design Fair (free drinks at the café)
- 18 - 19 May: Member trip to the Architecture Biennale in Venice
- 1 June: Opening London Design Biennale (tickets)
- 8 September: Member X NI Speeddates
- 14 October: opening Reboot
- 21 October: Dutch Design Week
Studio Visits to among others NLE!, Claudy Jongstra and Superuse.
Membership of the Nieuwe Instituut costs €45 per year. If you’re under 30, you’re eligible to become a Young Member for just €25 per year. Or enjoy the benefits with all your colleagues as a Company Member.