At the invitation of the TextielMuseum and Het Nieuwe Instituut, local and international experts will discuss the latest developments in electronic textiles. What does the application of e-textiles offer to architecture and interior design? What challenges and opportunities lie in the interdisciplinary research and development processes of material developers, technologists, companies, designers and architects?
During the international expert meeting Smart Textiles in Architecture and Interior Design on 21 January 2015, these questions will be addressed in presentations by Marie O'Mahony - Professor Advanced Textiles (OCAD University in Toronto), Kennedy & Violich Architecture - Architects and owners MATx (Boston), Koen van Os - Senior Scientist, Intelligent Textiles (Philips Research, Eindhoven) and Kaspar Jansen - Emerging Materials research group, IO (TU Delft).
- 14.00 start of programme
- 14.15 - 14.45 Marie O'Mahony (OCAD University, Toronto)
- 14.45 - 15.15 Kennedy & Violich Architecture (Architects, Boston)
- 15.15 - 16.15 Break out, presentations by designers, Inside Outside, Samira Boon & CRISP, introduction by Suzan Rüsseler (TextielMuseum curator)
- 16.15 - 16.45 Koen van Os (Philips Research, Eindhoven)
- 16.45 - 17.15 Kaspar Jansen (TU Delft)
- 17.15 - 17.45 Discussion
- 17.45 - 19.15 Drinks