7 September 2017 17:00 - 23:00
You were invited to an Evening of Awesome to celebrate the opening of the new season, featuring a magazine and an architecture centre and hundreds of objects which competed for your attention. Conversations with Giovanna Borasi and Mirko Zardini (CCA), Kirsten Algera and Ernst van der Hoeven _(MacGuffin), _Lionel Devlieger (Rotor) en Jurgen Bey (Studio Makkink & Bey).
For the exhibition _Finders Keepers_, _MacGuffin_ magazine has brought together thousands of objects from more than 30 lenders from dozens of countries, including 3000 carpenter's pencils, 30 staircases and 150 different handcuffs, alongside galerist and curator Seth Siegelaub's collection of headdresses, and a collection of voices assembled by ethnomusicologist Alan Lomax.
_The Other Architect_ is the culmination of extensive archival research by the Canadian Centre for Architecture, featuring work by AMO, Architects' Revolutionary Council, Architectural Detective Agency, Design-A-Thon, Forensic Architecture, Global Tools, Kommunen in der Neuen Welt and Lightweight Enclosures Unit.
In addition to the exhibitions _Finders Keepers _and The Other Architect, there's much more to see and do:
- Kirsten Algera and Ernst van der Hoeven from MacGuffin magazine in conversation about Finders Keepers,
- delicious temptations by Cateringa & Kompanen,
- the exhibition Archive Interpretations including Studio Rotor: Deconstruction with Jaap Bakema Study Centre and students of the TU Delft, _Design Diorama _by Studio Makkink & Bey, and _Dark Archives _by Erica Scourti,
- Giovanna Borasi from the CCA talking about The Other Architect,
- seven Fellows of Het Nieuwe Instituut presenting their research,
- tours through the State Archive for Dutch Architecture and Urban Planning,
- and a free origami course aimed at folding the perfect paper plane.