Internship Agency Department
Nieuwe Instituut is looking for an enthusiastic Intern for the Agency department, for 4-5 days a week.
Nieuwe Instituut is there for the Dutch design professionals and the wider public interested in architecture, design and digital culture. The institute manages the National Collection for Dutch Architecture and Urban Planning, encourages research, programmes lectures and debates in addition to exhibitions, and provides space for activities of external organisations, both business and cultural.
Nieuwe Instituut functions within a regional, national and international network in which it is constantly looking for new connections and opportunities for exchange. Within the institute, the Agency department is specifically responsible for the support of, and (international) exchange between designers, fitting within the framework of the International Culture Policy.
What will you do?
- Support the production of national and international exhibitions, lectures, visitor programme & networking events;
- Research and monitor international opportunities, partners & events in focus regions;
- Support in keeping CRM systems up to date to support our networks in the Netherlands and abroad;
- Assist with general administration, agendas, reports/meeting minutes;
- Assist with consultations within and outside our organisation.
Who are you?
- You are following a (relevant) HBO or WO education;
- You have a strong interest in the cultural sector focused on production/design, architecture, digital culture (pre);
- You have good organisational skills and perhaps experience in complex, Multi linear, collaborative processes;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus;
- You are proactive, a team player but can also work well independently;
- You are comfortable with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications;
- Creative and stress-resistant is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in a leading international institution/museum;
- Gain a better understanding of architecture, design and digital culture, along with relevant global issues from the past, present and future;
- Opportunities to participate in various networking events;
- Internship remuneration €250 based on 5 days (including travel expenses).
The start of the internship can be at short notice. The internship has a duration of at least 3 months and a minimum availability of 4 days per week.
If you are interested in this traineeship, apply immediately, even if you are bound to a specific training period. The internship can also start at a later date.
Send a short motivation and your CV to Marie-Anne Souloumiac and Ellen Zoete.